Sunday, January 29, 2006

New Laws To Protect Healthcare Workers' Personal Beliefs

Where will this end? First, pharmacists don't have to fill prescriptions for the pill. What next? "You are an alcoholic, so I refuse to treat you", "You are gay, so I refuse to treat you", "You are fat and commit the sin of gluttony, so I won't treat you". "You are a smoker and treat the body God gave you poorly, so I won't treat you". This is insanity. And it started with Bush's focus on faith based initiatives. He has turned this country into a religious hot zone and now even doctors, who used to treat anyone who needed treatment, feel that they can pick and choose, cause you know, how horrible to offend them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/29/AR2006012900869.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

my space tracker