Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bush As A Leader


I'm not saying that he needs to go straight in to New Orleans...but he ought to have gone back to DC IMMEDIATELY. He should have dropped his visits to pound on social security. He should have dropped his visits with military families and postponed that for another time. He did not see fit to return to the White House to work with his team until it was too late. Yeah, he let go of millions of dollars for the relief effort, but he is no hero for doing that. Anyone would have done that. I got a leader who in an interview said that noone courl have foreseen that the levees would break. WHAT? Even I would know that if a city is dependent on levees and a major, unprecedented hurricane was about to strike, that this would be a possibility. Not to mention decades of scientific literature and warnings that New Orleans could not handle a hurricane of this magnitude and the levees would not withstand. He has always been the back-pedaller. I was looking for a leader who would make me feel hopeful and strong. I got a one liner during his social security speech, a late return to the White House, and a nauseating feeling that he just doesn't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

my space tracker