Sunday, July 03, 2005

Teacher's Union Wants National Starting Salary of 40,000

Look, I agree that teaching is one of the most important and noble professions that there is. But why do they need such a high starting salary? I don't think most police officers get as high a starting wage. They have off three months a year, and in most cases, their lives are not at risk when they go to work. Where is this money going to come from? Bush can't even fund No Child Left Behind correctly.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBZYEJQPAE.html

1 Comments:

Blogger RantingDiva said...

Thanks for your comment. I agree, if you live in NYC, teachers ought to be paid enough to live a middle class life at least. But that doesn't really have anything to do with teaching as a profession, as much as the insane cost of living in NYC. I wish your teacher well.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

my space tracker