Sunday, July 10, 2005

Bush's Battle For The History Books

http://www.alternet.org/rights/23365/

I don't think he will be remembered as a great president. I think he will be remembered as someone who tried to mold America into his own image, and had a knee jerk reaction to terrorism. He will be remembered as someone who was not very thoughtful, did not listen to his advisors, and made poor decisions. The US was on the brink of a nuclear war during the Cuban Missle Crisis. Kennedy was deliberate, thoughtful, and actually listened to those around him. He decided to handle the situation with diplomacy, and it worked. He would have used force if necessary, but his thought process helped him to handle the situation without the need for force, his actions during this crisis are said to be a model for how a leader should resond in such events. The opposite is true of Bush. Leaders in his own party are increasingly critical of how the war began, and how it is proceeding. I think that Bush will be viewed as someone turned America from the most beloved country in the world, to the most reviled country in the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd say that I absolutely love your baffling bush quotes that always give me a laugh.

7:31 AM  
Blogger RantingDiva said...

Thank you

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

my space tracker